Some of our core values and beliefs are that…
- Music education and the arts in general should be freely available for people of school age and easily accessed by people of all age groups beyond school age.
- Learning ‘how to learn’ should be a part of any curriculum and learning to how to play music is a fantastic way to encourage the development of this essential skill.
- Fundamental principles can be understood by beginners and therefore should be presented to students as early as possible in the learning process.
- The societal view of music as merely entertainment, a business or as an elite art form is changing and musical education needs to change along with this new view whilst maintaining the best practices and methods already developed.
- With the enormous volume of music tutorials on YouTube and the internet we see an increasing need for educational services that recognise how much knowledge is available for free by providing a ‘fundamentals’ based approach to teaching that gives students the tools they need to make sense of the free content available on line.